ATSG has best ever quarter for aircraft deliveries
07 / 12 / 2018
Aircraft lessor ATSG has delivered seven leased freighters during the fourth quarter of 2018 as demand for its converted Boeing 767 freighter aircraft remains high.
The deals, completed by the lessor’s Cargo Aircraft Management and ATSG West Leasing subsidiaries, are:
• Amerijet International Airlines of Miami, Florida, took delivery of a B767-300 converted freighter. CAM now leases seven 767 freighters to Amerijet.
• Cargojet Airways of Mississauga, Canada, took delivery of two more B767-300 converted freighters, bringing the total number of aircraft leased to CargoJet to four.
• SkyTaxi of Wroclaw, Poland, took delivery of its first B767-200 converted freighter, with an option to lease a second freighter in 2019.
• West Atlantic AB of Gothenburg, Sweden, took delivery of a B767-200 converted freighter. This is West Atlantic’s sixth aircraft leased from ATSG.
• Also, two B767-300 freighters were delivered internally to ATSG subsidiary airline Air Transport International, to be operated for external customers under ACMI agreements that extend well into 2019.
Additionally, a DHL-leased B767-200 freighter was transferred to Bahrain from DHL’s US air cargo network. DHL now has six ATSG B767-200s in the Middle East.
Mike Berger, chief commercial officer of ATSG, said: "This fourth quarter has been our best ever in terms of aircraft deliveries and meeting the needs of our customers with efficient, timely service. It is especially satisfying because we are providing a platform of growth for existing customers, adding new customers to our portfolio worldwide, and meeting our commitment to deliver ten newly converted 767-300s in 2018."
ATSG’s in-service fleet now comprises ninety-one aircraft, including thirteen from its recent acquisition of Omni Air International.
Read more freighter operator news
Click here for a free digital subscription