Paint-a-freighter and win $50,000 in cash
25 / 04 / 2018
China’s SF Airlines has launched a competition to create a livery for the two ex-Jade Cargo Boeing 747 freighters that it bought online last year.
Prizes totalling $100,000 can be won by "creative talents" around the world who enter the competition, with a submission deadline of May 19, 2018. The list of winners will be announced on May 30.
The overall winner of the SF Speed Creative Award will receive $50,000 in cash, a certificate and an invitation to the first flight ceremony of one of the freighters.
Three runners-up will each get $10,000 in cash, a certificate and a flight invitation. Five shortlisted entrants will receive $4,000 in cash and a certificate.
The design requirements are as follows:
1. Creative design principle: complying with Chinese laws, public order, and good customs, conforming to SF brand’s positioning, and offering original and not used or disclosed works;
2. Creative design direction: combining SF elements and cultural implication, and being international, innovative, artistic, youthful, lively, flexible for extension, and highly distinctive.
The submission requirements are:
1. The complete work shall present the plane’s livery design (from front, side, upward, and top views), and SF Airlines’ standard logo and design description;
2. All works shall be electronic drafts in jpg, png, or gif format, RGB, minimum margin 1000px, and resolution 300 dpi or above (to ensure the justice and equity of the competition, design draft shall not contain any information about the author). Maximum file size: 5M. For each work, please provide design description up to 200 Chinese characters;
3. All works should be uploaded on the "Submit Works" page on the official website of Arting365 (URL is to be determined);
4. The author shall keep the vector file of his/her work (CDR, AI, PSD, or Rhino), so as to submit it to the organizing committee after winning an award. In case an award-winning designer is unable to provide the source file of his/her work, his/her award will be annulled;
5. There are no limits on the number of works submitted by one contestant (unit or individual). In case one contestant has multiple works for the competition, please submit only one work each time. Only one image of work may be uploaded. In case there are multiple design drawings, they shall be pieced together in one image before being uploaded;
6. To protect the intellectual rights of contestants and the organizing committee, contestants may choose to submit their works either in encryption or public display manner.
The organiser will evaluate works mainly by the following criteria and weight:
1. Practical (40%): In terms of works design, full consideration should be given to the carrier and operating environment. The works facilitating spraying can get an extra 10% bonus for designers;
2. Recognizable (30%): Works should be agreeable to the public’s appreciation of beauty, highly recognizable, and touching, with full consideration given to various kinds of audience’s appreciation habits with different cultural backgrounds;
3. Innovative (30%): The overall style and design elements like frame and font shall be processed and conveyed in an original and novel manner.
The competition is open to:
1. College teachers and students of design major;
2. Designers with businesses or design companies;
3. Design lovers;
4. No limit on age or nationality.
Full details of the competition rules, including intellectual property and instructions can be found on the following by clicking here