Jettainer opens JettHub at Frankfurt Airport
22 / 05 / 2015
Jettainer has opened its new home at Frankfurt Airport, bringing together its repair shop and ULD hub.
The new 17,000 sq m JettHub facility can handle around 750,000 ULDs per year, can host up to 9,000 containers and pallets at one time and is linked directly to the apron.
Previously, its outsourced repair shop, operated by Deufol Airport Services, was located outside the airport but has now moved to the new hub, which means there is no need to transfer ULDs between facilities.
Jettainer said the new facility would also use a new IT system, which links together the handling, repair and maintenance systems onto one platform.
The new centre will also be operated by a new handling service provider, handling counts, which is a subsidiary of Jettainer owner, Lufthansa Cargo.
Photo (from left to right):
· Markus Geyr, managing director, handling counts
· Ingeborg Manz Maier, director finance, Jettainer
· Haiko Widmann, managing director, Deufol Airport Services
· Michael Vorwerk, managing director, handling counts
· Claudius Haase, manager ground handling procedures, Jettainer