Vietnam’s first cargo airline close to launch

Copyright: Jaromir Chalabala/ Shutterstock

Vietnam’s first cargo airline is moving closer to becoming operational.

The country’s transport ministry is seeking approval from the prime minister to issue a licence to IPP Air Cargo, according to Reuters.

Imex Pan Pacific Group (IPPG) which established IPP Air Cargo, said on March 3: “The Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam has assessed that IPP Air Cargo’s application for an air transport business license complies with regulations.”

Following assessment, the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam proposed the Ministry of Transport review the results of the application and submit it to the prime minister for consideration, explained IPPG.

The IPP Air Cargo aviation project has a total investment of 2,400bn VND, about $100m, of which 30% is equity capital. The remaining 70% is mobilised money.

In the first year of operation, IPP Air Cargo is expected to fly five cargo aircraft. By the second year, the number of cargo planes will have increased to seven, and by the third year, there will be ten.

B737, B777 and A330 aircraft, as well as comparable aircraft, will be placed into service. IPPG does not specify whether these will be freighters or P2Fs.

IPP Air Cargo anticipates transporting around 115,000 tons of cargo in the first year of operations, with a revenue of $71m. It aims to turn a profit in the fourth year.

Share this story

Related Topics

Latest airlines news

Swiss WorldCargo is recertified for IATA CEIV Pharma

Swiss WorldCargo has once again been re-awarded with IATA’s CEIV Pharma (Center of Excellence for Independent Validators in Pharmaceutical Logistics)…

Read More

Share this story

Silk Way Airlines flies whales to Spain

Silk Way Airlines has flown two beluga whales from Moldova to Spain as part of efforts to relocate the animals…

Read More

Share this story

China Cargo adds new service to Budapest

China Cargo Airlines has launched a new service to Budapest Airport that the eastern European hub hopes will support trade…

Read More

Share this story

Rebecca Jeffrey

Rebecca Jeffrey
New to aviation journalism, I joined Air Cargo News in late 2021 as deputy editor. I previously worked for Mercator Media’s six maritime sector magazines as a reporter, heading up news for Port Strategy. Prior to this, I was editor for Recruitment International (now TALiNT International). Contact me on: [email protected]