CharterSync scoops Logistics Award
14 / 12 / 2021
Logistics Award winners. Source: Logistics UK
Digital charter broker CharterSync last week scooped the Air Business of the Year Award at Logistics UK’s Logistics Awards.
The company was one of 14 to win an award at the event on Thursday night in London at a ceremony hosted by stand-up comic and podcaster Ed Gamble and in the presence of guest of honour, Her Royal Highness the Princess Royal.
CharterSync, founded by two airline pilots, connects urgent charter requests from freight forwarders directly to aircraft operators via an online platform.
The platform – available via the web or app – offers forwarders solutions in under three minutes.
David Wells, chief executive at Logistics UK, said: “This year has been critical for air cargo, with factors such as Brexit, COVID-19 and shipping disruption continuing to affect the sector.
“CharterSync is a very well-deserved winner and truly represents the best of the best. As a company it transforms the way freight forwarders and airlines work, while reducing costs and driving efficiencies.
“The judges were particularly impressed with the incredible advantages gained in terms of pricing transparency, speed and access to documentation for all freight forwarders using this newly developed digital air cargo platform.”
He added: “The Logistics Awards 2021 recognise and celebrate ‘the best of the best’; the companies and individuals who have made a significant contribution to the logistics and supply industry over the past 12 months and who excel in their fields.
“As the only business group representing UK logistics, Logistics UK is well placed to identify the stars within our industry; our winners are truly exceptional, and I am thrilled to have this opportunity to present them with their awards.”
The winners of the Logistics Awards 2021 are:
- Rising Star – Nicola Foley, Assistant General Manager, Wincanton
- Innovative Product – Mercedes-Benz Trucks UK for Mercedes-Benz Actros
- Diversity Champion – Gemini Corporation NV
– Highly commended – Clipper Logistics
- Public Services Operator of the Year – Clipper Logistics
- International Shipper of the Year – Radwell International
- Environmental Champion of the Year – Hermes UK
- Logistics Partner of the Year – Noatum Logistics
- Air Business of the Year – CharterSync
- Most Innovative Company of the Year – Clipper Logistics
- Water Business of the Year – PD Ports
- Van Operator of the Year – Menzies Distribution
- Rail Freight Operator – Maritime Transport Ltd
- Road Freight Operator – Stagefreight
- Special COVID Award – Alliance Healthcare
– Highly commended – Fresh Pastures