TIACA launches cargo airport benchmarking tool pilot
27 / 04 / 2018
TIACA has launched a pilot of its new online Cargo Service Quality (CSQ) tool, allowing forwarders to rate and review the service quality they receive at participating hubs.
Cargo terminals registered to take part in the pilot will be rated by forwarders on several factors including process, technology, facilities, regulators, and general airport infrastructure, amongst other variables.
Participating terminals will also be able to access global performance data and establish relevant benchmark parameters based on, for example, their region and capacity.
The initiative aims to provide airports and cargo terminals with the business insight to optimise their investments and identify areas where processes and service delivery can be improved.
Fifteen cargo terminals at airports including India’s Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport, Indonesia’s PT Jasa Angkasa Semestra, Hong Kong’s Asia Airfreight Terminal, and Singapore Airport Terminal Services (SATS) Ltd are amongst the first to trial the new scheme (see below for a full list).
Sanjiv Edward, chief commercial officer, Delhi International Airport, said: "[This programme] will be very useful in understanding the requirements, expectations and areas of improvements identified by customers through this assessment tool.
“It will also provide an excellent opportunity for cargo terminals to demonstrate to their customers the level of cargo service quality they deliver.”
Full list of the airports participating:
- SATS Airport Services Pte Ltd (SATS), Singapore
- Asia Airfreight Terminal (AAT), Hong Kong
- PT Jas Angkasa Semesta (PT JAS), Indonesia
- Beijing Aviation Ground Services CO Ltd (BGS), China
- Hyderabad Menzies Air Cargo Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad, India
- Celebi Delhi Cargo Terminal Management India Private Limited Delhi, India
- Delhi Cargo Service Centre, Delhi, India
- Air Cargo Centre, Cochin International Airport, Cochin, India
- Menzies Aviation Bobba (B’lore) Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, India
- Air India SATS Airport Services Pvt. Ltd (AI SATS), Bangalore, India
- Chennai International Airport, Chennai, India
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport Cargo Terminal, Kolkata, India
- Coimbatore International Airport Cargo Terminal, Coimbatore, India
- Madurai International Airport Cargo Terminal, Madurai, India
- GSEC Ahmedabad Cargo Terminal, Ahmedabad, India
Read more cargo airport news