A key role in supporting the outside UK Sales team by successfully coordinating new traffic flows, monitoring specific pieces of business and liaising between various AA International departments. A high level of creative thinking is required in order to fully embrace the diverse work load and changing market conditions. Good communication skills will be an essential in dealing with a range of AA departments and external customers.
Job Qualifications Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Analyzing cargo booking requests for highest revenue potential using a range of tools, responding to customer queries, complaints, capacity requests on the phone and offering advice (written & verbal) on the carriage of all potential shipments including Dangerous Goods (training required), Live Animals, Express products, temperature controlled shipments (training required) and Human Remains
- Negotiating rates within a given range and criteria with customers via telephone and email and subsequently booking the business on appropriate flights according to flight regulations and restrictions after assessing the capacity situation and balancing with current demand
- Provides excellent customer service to ensure that capacity is optimized on each flight
- Responsibility for managing and maintaining the UK Customer database using the new portfolio manager system
- Supporting and assisting the processing of the region’s GSA price requests as they come in and also to provide reports in support of their sales visits, including providing CASS Data, capacity and schedule updates
- Assist with the processing of the region’s PCP requests and coordinating the usage of approved requests to ensure that allotments and capacity are appropriately utilised
- The sole function of supplying the outside UK Sales team with the necessary reports to support their face to face customer meetings. These reports include CASS data, allotment usage reports, schedule information and rate tariffs.
- Needs to be customer-orientated and prioritize work accordingly
- Must have relevant experience within Cargo division
- Appreciation of the need to provide high quality customer service and a proven track record
- Must be well organized and possess the ability to multitask
- The position requires initiative and high flexibility
- Needs to be friendly and sociable and have track record of building customer relationships
- Must be able to communicate well and effectively in both spoken and written English and the local language (if applicable) all levels within the organization as well as building relationships with customers
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of self, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions. To co-operate with AA as far as is necessary to enable AA to comply with all relevant statutory provisions. To immediately report serious risks or concerns over safety issues
- Comply with the AA Rules of Conduct Europe & Pacific and work within the context of all company’s policies & procedures
- Maintain a standard of dress code that is appropriate to the role and in accordance with the company’s uniform/dress policy
- Be aware of and sensitive to differences and work in a way consistent with the principles of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- To maintain and respect confidentiality at all times and to ensure adherence to the company’s Non-Disclosure & Confidentiality Policy
- Actively participate in regular coaching & counseling meetings, performance reviews and development meetings
- Undertake appropriate training as agreed with their manager and to take responsibility for self-development
- Undertake any other duties which are consistent with the position. This job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the position and not an exhaustive list of duties and tasks
- Work in any other AA location as and when necessary and if applicable to the position
This job description is subject to periodic review and it is expected the employee will contribute to the continued development of the role and work flexibly in response to the changing business needs and operational requirements.
Health & Safety
The post holder will be responsible for being up to date with and ensuring that Health & Safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times and ensure any accidents, incidents and non-compliance issues are dealt with appropriately.
The post holder will need to demonstrate their commitment to delivering outstanding external and internal customer service by ensuring all customer service issues are resolved at the earliest opportunity and dealt with in an appropriate manner.
Technical knowledge, Application and Skills
The post holder must demonstrate competence in all areas of the Department, produce accurate, thorough and professional work, including administrative work, even when under pressure and effectively manage workload in normal and difficult circumstances.
Problem-Solving & Decision Making
The post holder must be decisive, appropriately apply policies and use judgment to identify exceptions. The post holder must take sound, well-informed and timely decisions considering implications from a company and individual perspective.
Teamwork, Collaboration & Respect
The post holder must respectfully and appropriately cooperate with their team, other departments and external contacts and effectively deal with conflicts. The post holder should be aware of how their own role impacts others and actively support the team effort and share learning and knowledge with others.
The post holder should demonstrate commitment to the job, to the company and be able to assume responsibility without instruction. The post holder should be proactive in providing, seeking and acting on feedback to improve personal performance and the performance of their team.
The post holder should be able to communicate effectively, professionally and appropriately at all times.
Please apply here