Lufthansa Cargo’s Mörtl joins time:matters

Christian Mörtl has been appointed managing director, operations & finance, at time critical logistics firm time:matters with immediate effect.
The appointment follows the news last week that Lufthansa Cargo has applied to purchase all the shares of time:matters with a decision from the German competition authority on whether to approve the deal expected in August.
Mörtl, formerly head of aircraft handling at Lufthansa Cargo, will now be responsible for the operations and finance divisions at the time:matters Group.
The 44-year-old Austrian, who has gained extensive management experience in various logistics roles within Lufthansa and Schott Glas, Mainz, succeeds Armin Hamm, who left the company in May this year.
Franz-Joseph Miller, managing director of time:matters, said “We are delighted to have gained a true logistics expert for our company with Christian Mörtl.
“Besides his proven operational expertise, what he especially brings is the right entrepreneurial spirit for time:matters and a passion for quality and service that will continue to drive our team forward.”
The German cargo carrier currently owns a 49% shareholding in the logistics firm with the remaining 51% owned by the company’s management team and Aheim Capital Funds.
The deal was filed by Bundeskartellamt – the German competition authority – on July 15. The authority has one month to decide whether to approve the deal or launch a more detailed investigation, expanding the time frame for a decision up to four months.

Share this story

Related Topics

Latest europe news

Forwarder ICL opens in Rotterdam

Freight forwarder International Cargo Logistics (ICL) has opened a new office in Rotterdam as part of expansion plan to develop…

Read More

Share this story

CCS-UK makes the move to new customs system

UK electronic air cargo community system, CCS-UK said it has migrated to HM Revenue and Customs’ (HMRC) new platform, CDS…

Read More

Share this story

ECS Group back on the acquisition trail

The ECS Group is back on the acquisition trail following a break in activity due to the Covid crisis. The…

Read More

Share this story

Air Cargo News

Air Cargo News
Established in 1983, Air Cargo News is the leading source of news, information, interviews, analyses and reports to the global airfreight industry. Our leading portfolio includes print, digital and events that give businesses in the airfreight industry the ability to connect with decision-makers in this sector.