Delta Cargo to offer the CarePod travel carrier for pets in the US
22 / 01 / 2020
By Damian Brett
Delta Cargo launch of the CarePod
Delta Cargo has introduced a new pet travel carrier, CarePod, which offers real-time updates throughout the journey.
After five years of research, development and testing, and a successful two-month trial, CarePod will be exclusively offered at eight US locations: Atlanta, Boston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York (JFK and LaGuardia), San Francisco and West Palm Beach.
There will then be a phased approach to roll out the CarePod pet travel carrier across Delta’s US network.
“Continuous innovation is in Delta’s DNA and the launch of the CarePod pet travel carrier, an industry-first, is an example of us seeking out innovative partnerships and looking at ways to improve the customer experience throughout all parts of their journey,” said Shawn Cole, vice president, Delta Cargo.
“As the only airline to offer this premium pet travel solution, it represents a significant improvement for the millions of people that want to travel with their four-legged family members.”
The CarePod pet carrier has several innovative safety features that make it the ultimate air travel experience for pets:
- Strong, industrial strength walls that are insulated to protect your pet against potential temperature fluctuations when moving between different climates and travel conditions.
- Multi-layered windows and doors with specially angled blinds to help create a calming environment for pets by blocking out visual stress from unfamiliar environments.
- The world’s first built-in hydration system for pet travel carriers, holding up to a liter of water that will auto replenish the spill-proof water bowl to ensure pets always have easy access to fresh water.
- A powerful, enterprise level GPS tracking (through OnAsset devices) and a monitoring system that connects your pet’s journey directly to the specialized Delta Cargo control center. The centre is managed by trained experts who supervise and digitally monitor every CarePod pet journey from beginning to end, with the expertise and authority to send out the right staff on the ground to check on the pet if needed.
- Seamless connectivity that enables you to use your mobile phone to view your pet’s key travel updates throughout their entire journey via deltacargo.com
- CarePod pet travel carriers are made to the highest quality and standard, with human grade materials that are non-toxic and antibacterial-treated for long-lasting strength and protection.
The CarePod is IATA compliant and can accommodate dogs and cats permitted in a 300 series crate, or smaller, and can be booked between three and thirteen days prior to departure.
“We’re thrilled that pet owners can now vacation and fly their pets with Delta’s best-in-class CarePod solution, having the peace of mind that their pets are protected in smart pet travel carriers, that are also digitally supervised by the Delta Cargo Control Center throughout the entire journey,” says Jenny Pan, founder and chief executive of CarePod. “With the Delta partnership, we aim to raise the benchmark for pet air travel to allow families and pets to stay connected and travel safely together.”