Envirotainer launches Releye RLP container
06 / 05 / 2021
Image source: Envirotainer
Envirotainer has launched a new pharma container called the Releye RLP 30000 PC.
The company unveiled the new product in a virtual press conference earlier today.
The launch comes as the global rollout of Covid-19 vaccines continues.
Envirotainer sought the opinions of “hundreds of experts in the temperature-controlled air freight industry” about the challenges they faced before creating the RLP to overcome those challenges.
It claimed the container can maintain temperatures for more than one week before re-charging.
The company said the Releye RLP container is built on five pillars:
– Control: The RLP features full redundancy, VIP-panel, 18 integrated sensors, and pre-conditioning timer.
– Monitoring: The container can monitor location, door openings, inside and outside ambient temperature, battery level, humidity, and cargo loaded or not.
– Autonomy: For 170 hours it can be kept unattended, if stranded for several hours.
– Value: The RLP can contain three Euro pallets stacked 132 cm high, which the company claims is the highest in the industry.
– Sustainability: The container can reduce up to 90% of CO2 emissions “compared to available passive solutions, based on life-cycle analysis”, the company said.
Michael Berg, chief executive of Envirotainer, commented: “Thirty-five years ago, Envirotainer set out to develop the world’s best containers for temperature-controlled air freight.
“It is with great pride we announce the launch of our new Envirotainer Releye RLP, a true innovation in secure cold chain solutions that sets a new industry standard for reliability with its live monitoring, intelligent cargo protection, unsurpassed autonomy and superior cost-efficiency.”