ST Engineering and SF Airlines set up MRO JV in China

Copyright: Jaromir Chalabala/ Shutterstock

Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd’s (ST Engineering) commercial aerospace business and SF Airlines have incorporated a new joint venture company (JVCo) in Ezhou, Hubei, China.

The JVCo was set up with a registered capital of approximately S$19m. ST Engineering has a 60% stake in the JVCo, with the remaining 40% stake held by SF Airlines, – a cargo carrier affiliated to SF Express.

The JVCo will operate a previously reported greenfield airframe MRO facility at Ezhou Huahu Airport to provide airframe Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) services to cargo and passenger airlines operating in the Asia region, including SF Airlines.

The first hangar facility is estimated to be ready in 2025.

Jeffrey Lam, president of commercial aerospace at ST Engineering, said: “China will be a strong growth driver for Asia’s commercial aerospace sector over the next decade.

“A presence in Hubei, China, will enhance our MRO network in Asia to better meet and capture the rising regional demand, while our strategic collaboration with an airline partner will enable us to start up a greenfield operation quickly.”

ST Engineering and SF Airlines plan Hubei MRO facility

Share this story

Related Topics

Latest asia news

Nippon Cargo Airlines renews freighter deal with Atlas Air

Nippon Cargo Airlines (NCA) and Atlas Air Worldwide have extended their Boeing 747 freighter partnership covering flights on the transpacific….

Read More

Share this story

E-commerce continues to drive up Cathay’s cargo volumes

Cathay Pacific’s year-on-year cargo volumes were up 7.4% in April, once again due to strong e-commerce demand. The airline carried…

Read More

Share this story

Supply chains brace for new US-China tariff war

Cargo volumes and supply chain costs for China-US services could come under pressure after US president Joe Biden announced a…

Read More

Share this story

Rebecca Jeffrey

Rebecca Jeffrey
New to aviation journalism, I joined Air Cargo News in late 2021 as deputy editor. I previously worked for Mercator Media’s six maritime sector magazines as a reporter, heading up news for Port Strategy. Prior to this, I was editor for Recruitment International (now TALiNT International). Contact me on: [email protected]