BAA to sell Naples

BAA may sell off its stake of Naples airport, the only non-UK airport it owns. BAA currently owns 65 per cent of the airport, the remaining 35 per cent belonging to the Neapolitan local authorities.

“There are various interested parties in the airport and we are studying their proposals,” said a source at BAA’s parent company, Ferrovial.

The Italian infrastructure company, F2i, is apparently ahead of the pack.

A spokesperson for F2i confirmed it was investigating whether to invest in an“important airport infrastructure located in Southern Italy”.

The sale would certainly help pay off some of Ferrovial’s €1.54 billion (US$1.8 billion) debt, but not much.

Share this story