Lufthansa Cargo wins Cargo Airline of the Year 2011
17 / 04 / 2011
FORWARDERS from around the world voted Lufthansa Cargo the Cargo Airline of the Year 2011.
Martin Schlingensiepen (middle), vice-president product management, collected the award – presented by David Yokeum of the WCA Family of Logistic Networks (far right) – at the gala dinner held at Lancaster London Hotel and hosted by BBC World News anchorman, Aaron Heslehurst (near right).
Other award winners were:
- Ram Menen, senior divisional vice-president cargo – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Best Cargo Airport (up to 300,000 metric tonnes) was won by Frankfurt Hahn Airport, collected by Udo Preissner, director marketing and sales.
- Best Cargo Airport (over 300,000 metric tonnes) was won by Shenzhen International Airport, collected by Liao Zaoyang, vice-president.
- Global Forwarder of the Year was won by DHL Global Forwarding, collected by Steve Barker, chief executive officer UK.
- Best African Cargo Airline was won by South African Airways, collected by Auriel Newman, executive manager key accounts.
- Best Cargo Airline from the Americas was won by American Airlines, collected by Tristan Koch, managing director, cargo sales and marketing, Europe.
- Best Cargo Airline from Asia-Pacific was won by Singapore Airlines, collected by Simon Coomber, manager UK and Ireland.
- Best European Cargo Airline was won by Lufthansa Cargo, collected by Kim Bullen, director UK and Ireland.
- Best Middle Eastern Cargo Airline was won by Emirates, collected by Phil Rawlings, cargo manager, UK and Ireland.
- Best Freighter-Only Airline was won by Cargolux, collected by Mark Boffee, manager UK and Ireland.
Full details of awards can be found in the next issue of Air Cargo News, dated 2 May.