People update – 17 February 2010
16 / 02 / 2010
- EMIRATES SkyCargo has appointed Aileen Wallace (near right) as cargo supervisor and Robert Gosling (far right) as senior cargo customer agent at Newcastle International Airport (UK). The two will be responsible for the cargo operation of Emirates’ daily service from Newcastle to Dubai, and for liaison with the airline’s freight forwarding partners across the North East of England.
Aileen Wallace joins the carrier from Agility Logistics, while Robert Gosling comes from DHL Global Forwarding, both based at Newcastle Airport.
- Iyad Kamal has become chief operations officer of Aramex. He replaces Osama Fattaleh has resigned to pursue personal business interests. Fattaleh will remain with Aramex until the end of April.
“Iyad comes into this new post with an ideal set of skills and experience, and I have no doubt that he will build on Osama’s achievement,” said Fadi Ghandour, chief executive officer Aramex.
- Jörg Eberhart has become the new managing director of AeroLogic. He succeeds Thomas Papke who is moving to a new post in charge of procurement at Lufthansa Passenger Airlines, effective 15 March.
- Eberhart is currently vice-president commercial, marketing and network at Air Dolomiti, Lufthansa’s regional airline in Italy. His responsibilities will include flight operations/crew training, flight safety and quality, maintenance and ground operations. He will manage AeroLogic jointly with Ulf Weber, who was appointed managing director in mid-2009 and who looks after finance and planning, human resources and IT.
- ASTAR Air Cargo has promoted Martin Godly to vice-president, operations finance; Alejandra Marin to director, corporate accounting and controller; and Marta Nobo to director, corporate finance and treasurer.
Marin and Nobo are both based at ASTAR’s Miami headquarters and Godly is based at ASTAR’s operations Hub in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- SWISSPORT International has appointed Kai Proff as the new branch manager Frankfurt of its German cargo organisation. Proff will assume his new position on 1 March.